Upcoming or Recent Events
75th Annual Holiday Luncheon was held Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at the Scottish Rite Event Center. With 340 reservations and nearly the same attendees, pictures will be posted soon.
Pictures from prior years' events are posted on our SDG&E Alumni Association Facebook site.
- The question was raised, "When
will Fran Goble retire?" See Retired and Deceased Alumni page.
- Your latest Retiree Times was mailed October
24. If you didn't receive yours, you may not have updated your address with the SDG&E Retiree Service Center
- Our eNewsletter Volume 9 was mailed September
7 to those of you who have registered your e-mail address with us. Past issues of both the Retiree Times and eNewsletter are also available on our Retiree Times page.
- See our Volunteer Opportunities page.
Home Start is currently looking for a group of individuals available to paint office space and residential units at one of our Maternity
Shelter Program sites. The Maternity Shelter Program provides safe and secure supportive housing with intensive case management
services for pregnant and parenting young women and their dependent children. These women are homeless or at risk of becoming
homeless and, through the program, develop the skills necessary to live independently while in a stable and safe home. The
residential site is located in Normal Heights and includes 6 living units and one office. A fresh coat of paint will surely
brighten the lives of the mothers and children! To volunteer, call 619.692.0727, Ext.103.
- Volunteers? Legacy Corps is a very special volunteer opportunity and way to give back to the community through national service.
Legacy Corps helps Veteran and military families throughout San Diego, providing support and respite in-home. Volunteer members
provide companionship visits so caregivers are able to take a break. See this Legacy Corps flyer with some of the details about Legacy Corps service. There is a 12-month commitment and
training is included. Members who are accepted receive a living allowance during their service. The new volunteer year
begins November 1. See other ideas on our Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Did you know some active employees are
already grandfathered members of the Alumni Association? That includes all SDG&E employees with 25 years service on December
31, 1997 (i.e. hired before December 31, 1973). But since Sempra cannot share mailing addresses with us, those employees only
receive newsletters if they sign up on our Directory page. Tell a friend!
- In addition to the Holiday Luncheon, there are Special
events for alumni. See Alumni Special Events.
- Benefits questions? Visit the Retiree Service Center at https://www.benefitsweb.com/sempra.html or help by phone 866-491-3316.
|2016 SDG&E Alumni Board members
|Oslin-Smith, Chew, Kelly, Teeter, Myers, Clay, Weinmeister, Crouch, Bowker, Pitt, Krepak, McDonald