Upcoming or Recent Events
- SDG&E Alumni Socials.
For more info, see our Entertainment & Recreation page and the SDG&E Alumni Facebook page.
- Our next Retiree Times will be mailed out second week
of August (latest electronic-only Retiree Times was mailed June 7-9) to those of you who have
registered your e-mail address with us. Past issues of the Retiree Times are also available on our Retiree Times page. The Retiree Times will soon be an electronic-only publication. If you haven't already provided
your e-mail address, please send us your e-mail address using this e-mail address form.
- Sempra changed our retirement benefit plan administrator February
1. See our new Benefits and Pension Page in the bottom link at left or here, Benefits and Pension.
- There is a new source for SDG&E news. Try
it at http://www.sdgenews.com/.
- Our 76th Annual Holiday Luncheon was held Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at the Scottish Rite Event Center. Attendance was 336 of 408 reservations. Committee chair Joyce Kelly. Pictures from current and prior years' events are posted on our SDG&E Alumni Association Facebook site.
- See our Volunteer Opportunities page.
Home Start is currently looking for a group of individuals available to paint office space and residential units at one of our Maternity
Shelter Program sites. The Maternity Shelter Program provides safe and secure supportive housing with intensive case management
services for pregnant and parenting young women and their dependent children. These women are homeless or at risk of becoming
homeless and, through the program, develop the skills necessary to live independently while in a stable and safe home. The
residential site is located in Normal Heights and includes 6 living units and one office. A fresh coat of paint will surely
brighten the lives of the mothers and children! To volunteer, call 619.692.0727, Ext.103.
- Volunteers? Legacy Corps is a very special volunteer opportunity and way to give back to the community through national service.
Legacy Corps helps Veteran and military families throughout San Diego, providing support and respite in-home. Volunteer members
provide companionship visits so caregivers are able to take a break. See this Legacy Corps flyer with some of the details about Legacy Corps service. There is a 12-month commitment and
training is included. Members who are accepted receive a living allowance during their service. The new volunteer year
begins November 1. See other ideas on our Volunteer Opportunities page.
- Did you know some active employees are
already grandfathered members of the Alumni Association? That includes all SDG&E employees with 25 years service on December
31, 1997 (i.e. hired before December 31, 1973). But since Sempra cannot share mailing addresses with us, those employees only
receive newsletters if they sign up on our Directory page. Tell a friend!
- Benefits questions? Visit the Retiree Service Center
at https://www.benefitsweb.com/sempra.html or help by phone 866-491-3316.
|2016 SDG&E Alumni Board members
|Oslin-Smith, Chew, Kelly, Teeter, Myers, Clay, Weinmeister, Crouch, Bowker, Pitt, Krepak, McDonald